2014 BEN-Africa Conference
The 2014 BEN-Africa conference will be held from 01 – 03 October 2014 at University of Stellenbosch, Business School in Bellville, South-Africa.
Campus and facilities
The campus on the hill
The hilltop campus of the USB is situated in Bellville, about halfway between the Cape Town central business district and the town of Stellenbosch – home of the USB’s mother institution, Stellenbosch University.
Directions to campus
Facilities, resources and services
- ICT facilities: Information and communication technology facilities include wireless broadband internet access and a campus-wide hotspot. Academic support is provided via the WebStudies e-learning platform. Other ICT facilities include a purpose-built classroom equipped with PCs and audiovisual equipment, various workstations, a large computer laboratory, a Cyber Café with 24/7 online facilities and network connections for private notebooks. Software packages such as McGregors BFA Net, I-Net Bridge, Reuters and ISM are available for educational and research purposes.
- Information centre (library): The USB’s information centre (USBI) provides access to printed and online local and international publications, books, journals and databases, including SA-e-Publications, Sabinet, Ebscohost, Gartner and Emerald; as well as a repository of master’s and doctoral theses. For more information, call 021 918 4270/1/2/3.
- Career guidance: The USB Careers Office provides career planning and development services, feedback on MBA selection tests and leadership competencies, individual counselling to define career interests and competencies, and web-based recruitment and placement services.
- Support services: Client and support services are provided through various contact points: the Admissions Office, Careers Office, Academic Administration and International Affairs Office.
- Lecture theatres: The auditorium-style and flat-floor lecture theatres have the latest audiovisual equipment and computer network facilities.
- Business services: This includes e-mail, fax, phone, photocopying, printing, courier and related services.
- Accommodation and cafeterias: Bellvista Lodge on the campus provides accommodation, a hotspot, internet access and a restaurant. Two other cafeterias offer meals and refreshments. For bookings and more information, call 021 918 4444 or go to www.bellvistalodge.co.za.
- Conference rooms and other venues: The campus offers a range of lecture theatres (auditoriums and flat-floor rooms) and break-away / discussion rooms for lectures, conferences, workshops and other events. These venues are equipped with the latest audiovisual equipment and IT network facilities. Venues for functions and meals include the Bellvista Lodge Restaurant, the Winery and the Lapa. Full catering services are available. For bookings and more information, call 021 918 4444 or go to www.bellvistalodge.co.za.